The Australian Cartoonists’ Association is proud to announce the top six nominees for 2017 Cartoonist of the Year.
We salute the achievements of…
- Christopher Downes (The Mercury, Hobart)
- Mark Knight (The Herald-Sun, Melbourne)
- Glen Le Lievre (The Sun-Herald, Sydney)
- Judy Nadin (Freelance, Newcastle)
- David Rowe (Australian Financial Review, Sydney)
- Cathy Wilcox (Sydney Morning Herald, Sydney)
The eventual winner will be announced at the 33rd annual Stanley Awards, which will be presented on 25th November at Old Parliament House in Canberra.
The “Stanleys”, considered to be the “Academy Awards for cartooning” are presented by the Australian Cartoonists’ Association, the world’s oldest professional organisation for cartoonists in the newsprint, publishing and animation industries. They are named in honour of Stan Cross, the “godfather” of Australian cartooning.